Helping Foster Parents with the Adoption Process in Florida
Many children who are removed from their homes in Florida are placed in foster care. If the biological parent’s rights are terminated, foster parents may want to adopt the child if it is a good fit for the family. You should discuss the process with an experienced foster care adoption lawyer in Florida.
Adopting a Foster Child
Foster parents who wish to adopt must attend a training class to learn about the adoption process and possible issues. You must also undergo a background check and a home study, which is required for all adoptions by non-relatives. If you pass the check and initial home study, there will be a trial period with the child in your home under your care.
If a child is in your care for six months, the child cannot be removed from your home without a court order. If someone requests such as order, you have the right to appear at a hearing and fight to keep the child in your home. During the trial period, a placement supervisor will visit your home periodically to ensure it is the right fit and that the child is adjusting well. If the placement supervisor approves the situation, you can proceed with the final adoption.
Foster care adoption is subsidized by the State of Florida, and it can be an option for many families instead of a substantially more costly private adoption. You are also giving a loving and caring home to a child who needs just that.
Consult with a Foster Care Lawyer in Florida Today
The law firm of Juliana Gaita, P.A., helps foster parents complete the adoption process while working to minimize stress and complications. Contact our Florida foster care attorney for more information.
See some of our featured
- Thank you so much for allowing us to share our lives with you. If you choose us, please know that we will raise your child with […]
- Thank you for taking the time to learn about us. We want you to know how honored we feel to be considered as adoptive parents for […]
- Of course we aren’t in your shoes, but can only imagine this must be an incredibly hard decision for you. We are honored that you are […]
- We want to start this letter by sharing how much we respect you. We’re so appreciative that you’ve taken the time to learn about us! While […]
- We love coffee. After visiting Italy in 2016, we knew we wanted cappuccino everyday. Chris did research to find an espresso machine to match our budget […]
- From our hearts to yours, we express deep gratitude for considering such a selfless choice. We recognize the gravity of this decision, and if chosen, we […]
See Our Recent Articles On Adoption
- September 30, 2023
- September 15, 2023