Helping Foster Parents with the Adoption Process in Florida
Many children who are removed from their homes in Florida are placed in foster care. If the biological parent’s rights are terminated, foster parents may want to adopt the child if it is a good fit for the family. You should discuss the process with an experienced foster care adoption lawyer in Florida.
Adopting a Foster Child
Foster parents who wish to adopt must attend a training class to learn about the adoption process and possible issues. You must also undergo a background check and a home study, which is required for all adoptions by non-relatives. If you pass the check and initial home study, there will be a trial period with the child in your home under your care.
If a child is in your care for six months, the child cannot be removed from your home without a court order. If someone requests such as order, you have the right to appear at a hearing and fight to keep the child in your home. During the trial period, a placement supervisor will visit your home periodically to ensure it is the right fit and that the child is adjusting well. If the placement supervisor approves the situation, you can proceed with the final adoption.
Foster care adoption is subsidized by the State of Florida, and it can be an option for many families instead of a substantially more costly private adoption. You are also giving a loving and caring home to a child who needs just that.
Consult with a Foster Care Lawyer in Florida Today
The law firm of Juliana Gaita, P.A., helps foster parents complete the adoption process while working to minimize stress and complications. Contact our Florida foster care attorney for more information.
See some of our featured
- Thank you for taking time to learn about us. We can only imagine what you may be experiencing at this time in your life. We imagine […]
- Love, stability, open communication, continual growth, laughter; Those are some of the words we would use to describe our family. We hope that after reading more […]
- Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for considering us as adoptive parents to your child. We are forever grateful for the opportunity and we […]
- Thank you for taking the time to get to know us. We promise that if we are chosen as your child’s adoptive parents, we will love […]
- Thank you for taking this moment to allow us to introduce our family. We believe this must be a stressful and overwhelming time, but please know […]
- My promise to you is that your baby will be loved unconditionally, and will always feel safe and supported. I also promise that they will have […]