Helping Clients Legally Change Their Names in Florida

There are different reasons why you might want to change your name or the name of your child at certain times in life. Florida law does not allow you to simply decide to legally change your name, as there are certain legal steps required to do so. If you are considering a name change for you or your child, you should discuss the process with a name change lawyer in Boca Raton. The office of attorney Juliana Gaita is ready to help.


This is perhaps the easiest time to change a name, as you can do so through the marriage license process. The license can be issued with your married name, and you can use this document to obtain a new Social Security card, driver’s license, and other documents.


Many people who get divorced wish to have their maiden name restored. If you know you want the name change from the start of the process, your divorce lawyer can include this request in your divorce petition. Once your divorce is final, the family court can include the restoration of your former last name in the final divorce order, which you can use to obtain new documents.

Other Name Changes

You might want a name change for yourself out of personal preference, or you might want to change your child’s name due to adoption, divorce, or their own wishes. This requires a separate petition with the court, and the court will require specific information. Adults will need a criminal background check, and the courts will have additional requirements to change a child’s name.

Contact a Name Change Lawyer in Florida for Assistance

The law firm of Juliana Gaita, P.A. helps clients with the process of changing their names in many different circumstances. Contact us to speak with a Florida name change attorney about a possible case.

Need a Name Change Lawyer?

Changing your name is best when Juliana is involved. Contact us today to learn more!

See some of our featured


  • Heather & Noal

    Thank you for taking time to learn about us. We can only imagine what you may be experiencing at this time in your life. We imagine […]
    heather Noal
  • Rick and Jade

    Love, stability, open communication, continual growth, laughter; Those are some of the words we would use to describe our family. We hope that after reading more […]
    rick and jade
  • Zac & Jenny

    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for considering us as adoptive parents to your child. We are forever grateful for the opportunity and we […]
    Copy of Copy of Fleming 2 scaled
  • Melanie & Daryl

    Thank you for taking the time to get to know us. We promise that if we are chosen as your child’s adoptive parents, we will love […]
    melanie and daryl
  • Blake and Crystal

    Thank you for taking this moment to allow us to introduce our family. We believe this must be a stressful and overwhelming time, but please know […]
    Screen Shot 2022 10 21 at 10.38.40
  • Julia May

    My promise to you is that your baby will be loved unconditionally, and will always feel safe and supported. I also promise that they will have […]
    Julia Mayes