Helping Clients Legally Change Their Names in Florida
There are different reasons why you might want to change your name or the name of your child at certain times in life. Florida law does not allow you to simply decide to legally change your name, as there are certain legal steps required to do so. If you are considering a name change for you or your child, you should discuss the process with a name change lawyer in Boca Raton. The office of attorney Juliana Gaita is ready to help.
This is perhaps the easiest time to change a name, as you can do so through the marriage license process. The license can be issued with your married name, and you can use this document to obtain a new Social Security card, driver’s license, and other documents.
Many people who get divorced wish to have their maiden name restored. If you know you want the name change from the start of the process, your divorce lawyer can include this request in your divorce petition. Once your divorce is final, the family court can include the restoration of your former last name in the final divorce order, which you can use to obtain new documents.
Other Name Changes
You might want a name change for yourself out of personal preference, or you might want to change your child’s name when giving up child for adoption, in case of divorce, or child's own wishes. This requires a separate petition with the court, and the court will require specific information. Adults will need a criminal background check, and the courts will have additional requirements to change a child’s name.
Contact a Name Change Lawyer in Florida for Assistance
The law firm of Juliana Gaita, P.A. helps clients with the process of changing their names in many different circumstances. Contact us to speak with a Florida name change attorney about a possible case.
See some of our featured
- Thank you for taking time to flip through these pages to get to know us. We think about you every day and pray that as you […]
- Thank you for spending some time getting to know us. It is humbling to be considered as adoptive parents for your child. We commend you for […]
- Thank you for taking the time to get to know our family. We can only imagine this time might be incredibly emotional and challenging, as you […]
- Hello! We are Mitch and Erin, along with our son, Theo. We’re so glad and grateful that you’ve chosen to learn a little about us. We […]
- Hello! I am so grateful that you are reading my adoptive parent profile. You are facing an important and life-changing decision and I admire your bravery. […]
- I have always known that I have wanted to be a Mom. I am so grateful to have three separate friends and coworkers who have also […]
See Our Recent Articles On Adoption
- October 16, 2023
- September 30, 2023
- September 15, 2023