Helping Foster Parents with the Adoption Process in Florida
Many children who are removed from their homes in Florida are placed in foster care. If the biological parent’s rights are terminated, foster parents may want to adopt the child if it is a good fit for the family. You should discuss the process with an experienced foster care adoption lawyer in Florida.
Adopting a Foster Child
Foster parents who wish to adopt must attend a training class to learn about the adoption process and possible issues. You must also undergo a background check and a home study, which is required for all adoptions by non-relatives. If you pass the check and initial home study, there will be a trial period with the child in your home under your care.
If a child is in your care for six months, the child cannot be removed from your home without a court order. If someone requests such as order, you have the right to appear at a hearing and fight to keep the child in your home. During the trial period, a placement supervisor will visit your home periodically to ensure it is the right fit and that the child is adjusting well. If the placement supervisor approves the situation, you can proceed with the final adoption.
Foster care adoption is subsidized by the State of Florida, and it can be an option for many families instead of a substantially more costly private adoption. You are also giving a loving and caring home to a child who needs just that.
Consult with a Foster Care Lawyer in Florida Today
The law firm of Juliana Gaita, P.A., helps foster parents complete the adoption process while working to minimize stress and complications. Contact our Florida foster care attorney for more information.
See some of our featured
- Hello, and thank you for taking the opportunity to learn about us. We are thinking of you, and we wish you comfort and peace during this […]
- We sincerely want to thank you for this opportunity to introduce ourselves. We believe the love a mother has for her child is unconditional and everlasting […]
- Thank you for taking time to flip through these pages to get to know us. We think about you every day and pray that as you […]
- Thank you for taking the time to get to know our family. We can only imagine this time might be incredibly emotional and challenging, as you […]
- Hello! I am so grateful that you are reading my adoptive parent profile. You are facing an important and life-changing decision and I admire your bravery. […]
- It is with great respect that we set out to write this letter. We are humbled by the weight of your decision, and we hope you […]
See Our Recent Articles On Adoption
- October 16, 2023
- September 30, 2023
- September 15, 2023